Father Ryan Technology Program
Our technology program is designed to provide an extended learning initiative for our students and a heightened teaching environment for our faculty.
Every student must bring a laptop computer with them to school. Father Ryan is a Microsoft 365 Cloud-based school and does not allow Apple or Chromebook computers. Using a single platform provides benefits in curriculum, planning, security, service, and training, both for our students and our IT Department. Using Microsoft enables the school to do the following:
- Standardize curriculum materials that fit the Microsoft platform
- Use existing anti-virus software that is Microsoft specific
- Securely manage network-based printing from all devices
- Train our tech staff on one system to respond quickly and accurately to any problems
- Intel I5 Core processor (or equivalent)
- 8GB RAM minimum; 16GB RAM highly recommended
- 256GB Hard drive or higher recommended
- 11” Monitor: Touch Screen highly recommended
- Five hour rated battery life
- Integrated or attachable keyboard
- Integrated touchpad or attachable mouse
*Computers that do not meet these minimum specifications will not be permitted on the Father Ryan High School network.
Recommended Computer Device Brands
- Microsoft Corporation - Surface
- Dell Computer Corporation
- Hewlett Packard
*To align with Father Ryan's technology programs, it is recommended to invest in the current line of products for all recommended brands.
- How to Submit a Student Technology Help Ticket
- Support Resources for Students
- Lack of Internet Access at Home
- Internet Access and Controls on Campus
- Lost or Damaged Devices
- Digital Textbooks
How to Submit a Student Technology Help Ticket
Support Resources for Students
Lack of Internet Access at Home
Internet Access and Controls on Campus
Lost or Damaged Devices
Important note: You do not need to purchase the Microsoft Office365 Suite. Students will be given access to the suite during their time at Father Ryan High School.