Father Ryan High School is accepting resumes for the Director of Academic Counseling for the fall of the 2019- 2020 school year. To apply for this position, please send the following;
1) a letter of introduction,
2) resume, and
3) a minimum of three references
to Jennifer Anton, Academic Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for this position: A Master’s Degree in Administration, Curriculum, Counseling, or other related educational fields. Applicants should have a minimum of five years’ experience as a classroom teacher, unless field of degree is in a non-teaching area. Experience in using an SIS and LMS, particularly working with scheduling, is preferred but not required.
The position reports to the Academic Dean and is responsible for the following.
• Making sure that seniors have the required number of credits and the correct distribution of credits necessary for graduation.
• Overseeing and administering the Advising program.
• Setting up and supervising the administration of the PSAT and the 8th grade test for incoming students, as well as any other testing provided by the school. Planning and coordinating placement testing.
• Serving as the academic technician for the SIS in regard to all academic reports and records.
• Assisting with graduation ceremonies.
• Serving as a member of the Academic Council.
• Working with the Director of Learning Differences in interviewing and placement for both CSP and Academic Support.
• Assisting the Academic Dean with the various parent information nights including “Back to School night” and new parents nights.
• Assisting the Director of Summer School where needed.
• Evaluating ongoing academic programs and providing leadership for future planning.
• Developing the Master Schedule with the Academic Dean.
• Loading all students into the master schedule, and working with families to rectify all scheduling conflicts.
• Overseeing the confidentiality and accuracy of all academic records.
• Working with admissions in facilitating the scheduling of new students.
• Developing the requested budget for the Guidance office.
• Communicating with parents regarding failing grades and helping to create recovery plans.
• Serving as the Secretary of the Father Ryan Chapter of the Cum Laude Society, including planning the induction ceremony.
• Serving as the moderator of the Father Black Honor Society.
• Serving as the Survey Monkey account coordinator.
Other duties as assigned.