Father Ryan High School is accepting resumes for teaching for the fall of the 2020-2021 school year. For all openings, please send the following:
1) a letter of introduction
3) a minimum of three references to Jennifer Anton, Academic Dean, at email@example.com
The following positions are teaching positions. For each teaching position, Father Ryan seeks a person of faith who is creative, enthusiastic, well-versed in the core subject area and current pedagogy. The candidate should possess excellent writing and communication skills; an ability and desire to work collaboratively; a familiarity with technologies standard in the educational profession. All teaching positions have the following responsibilities attached to them. Candidates should expect to have extra curricular duties assigned to them, as well, and should include areas in which they could moderate clubs or coach.
The responsibilities of the classroom teacher include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Accepts and supports the values and principles of Catholic education within the mission of the Church, in an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect, and integrity. The person does not have to be a Catholic; however, a person who practices his/her own faith is important.
• Directs and evaluates the learning experiences of students in curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities.
• Provides students with appropriate academic guidance that will promote their proper educational welfare.
• Cooperates and participates in the planning and the evaluation of the school program.
• Follows the school curriculum guides and diocesan mandates for curriculum.
• Takes part in the professional development program of the school.
• Maintains cordial relationships with colleagues.
• Follows the ethics of the profession.
• Creates a classroom environment that recognizes and respects the value of each student, while exercising appropriate classroom management.
• Works in partnership with parents in the ongoing process of educating their child. Full Time Teacher – English (American Literature) – Start date November 2020
It is preferred that the person for this job have:
• a Master of Arts Degree or higher and a major in the field of Englishand
• a minimum of two years of teaching experience.