The Associate Academic Dean shares responsibility for the educational program offered by Father Ryan High School with the Academic Dean. The Associate Academic Dean reports directly to the Academic Dean, while collaborating with other members of the administration, faculty, and staff in advancing the mission of the school.
To apply please send the following:
1) a letter of introduction,
2) resume, and
3) a minimum of three references
to Jennifer Anton, Academic Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Master’s Degree in Education or in a core discipline
• Minimum of 5 years full-time teaching experience at the secondary level
• Practicing Catholic
In particular, the Assistant Academic Dean’s duties include the following:
• Supporting all efforts to promote the Catholic identity of Father Ryan High School and upholding the tenets of the mission and philosophy to ensure that the spiritual and religious nature of this
school remains primary in all curricular and co-curricular programs.
• Modeling personal faith by demonstrating in words and actions commitment to the teaching ministry of the Church, its doctrine, traditions, and moral stance.
• Working with the Academic Dean to establish ongoing strategies and budgeting priorities to improve the instructional program.
• Providing leadership to Chairpersons of curricular areas and works with them to accomplish the goals of the Strategic Plan with emphasis on monitoring school improvement.
• Promoting teacher development through observation, supervision, and evaluation of teachers.
• Collaborating with Department Chairs and faculty in developing curriculum policies and procedures which support the school’s mission.
• Collaborating specifically with the Academic Dean, Technology Integration Specialist, and Department Chairs to ensure the integration of technology within the curriculum.
• Evaluating the instructional program through effective collaboration and dialogue among faculty and Department Chairs.
• Collaborating with the Academic Dean on digital learning and managing the Digital Learning component of Father Ryan High School (temporary and semester long digital learners).
• Collaborating with the Academic Dean on professional development needs of the faculty and assist in designing effective professional development.
• Working with the Academic Dean to follow the multiyear plan for success for faculty new to Father Ryan (New Teacher Orientation, Teacher Mentor Program, monthly New Teacher Meetings, quarterly individual consultations with new teachers, etc.)
• Working with Director of Academic Counseling to prepare the annual curriculum guide and course selection guide.
• Working with the Academic Council.
• Assisting the Academic Dean in working with the Cooperative Support and Academic Support Programs.
• Meeting with 9th and 10th grade teachers, students and parents regarding concerns.
• Working with the moderator of all academic honor societies to hold their annual induction ceremonies.
• Ensuring the school’s compliance with Cognia/SAIS accreditation standards.
• Assisting teachers in the acquisition and renewal of licensing.
• Working with the Dean of Students to oversee student attendance, correspondence regarding it, and accountability for the students; managing the Academic Time Make-up Program.
• Working with the Academic Dean on all things AP and sometimes serving as AP Coordinator.
• Managing all students with concussions or other reasons for extended absence; managing schedule of make-up work and correspondence with teachers and parents;
• Working with learning management systems and student information systems, as well as with other technology-based programs.
• Working with the Director of Academic Counseling and the Registrar to ensure that all academic recognitions of students (Principal’s List, Academic Dean’s List, and Honor Roll) take place and
parents are notified.
• Coordinating quarter/semester meetings for students experiencing academic difficulty with the Administrative Assistant to the Academic Dean and all other necessary personnel.
• Coordinating with the Technology Integrator and IT Department the New Student Technology Set-up Days in July, prior to the start of the school year.
• Chaperoning Friday night home football games, dances, and other student activities as needed.
• Assisting the Director of Academic Counseling in the finalization of all interim and end-of-term grades.
• Assisting the Director of Academic Counseling in the administration of standardized testing.
• Reviewing all admission files for academically appropriate placement; creating a spreadsheet identifying strengths and weaknesses for admission consideration; taking part in admission interviews.
• Assisting the Director of Academic Guidance in scheduling teachers, students, and crafting the Master Schedule.
• Assisting in the planning and executing parent academic presentations, Open House academic presentations, academic coffees, etc.
• Assisting the Summer School Director in hiring and planning for the Summer School sessions.
• Participating as an effective mentor group leader and member of your assigned house within the house system at Father Ryan.
Other responsibilities as assigned.