As a Catholic diocesan high school, Father Ryan's mission is to be an experience of the living Gospel while challenging students to reach their spiritual, academic, and personal potential.
Father Ryan High School believes that as a school community, we should:
- Appreciate the worth and value of every student.
- Empower students to live the Gospel daily in ways that develop capacity for moral and noble thinking and a responsibility for social justice and mercy.
- Provide students with the opportunity to express their faith through worship, prayer and service, as an essential part of the Catholic school experience.
- Partner with parents and parishes to minister to the needs of students.
- Meet each student's learning needs, and motivate students to the pursuit of academic excellence.
- Provide academic, physical, and spiritual challenges for each student and fully prepare them for further educational opportunities.
- Support and encourage each student through academic counseling.
- Strive to be a community representative of the demographics of the Catholic Diocese of Nashville.
- Create an environment of personal development that encompasses the whole person, spiritually, intellectually, physically, and emotionally.
- Provide opportunities in all arenas for leadership and service that will empower students and faculty to reach their fullest potential.
- Provide a comprehensive program of extra-curricular activities in art, clubs, music, sports, and service.
A Tradition of Faith, Knowledge, Service
Father Ryan seeks to be a superior Catholic high school, providing excellence in religious and moral formation, academics, athletics, and the arts while remaining accessible to those seeking an education in the Catholic Tradition.