Families may now purchase all books through Follett Virtual Bookstores, the leading online book provider in the nation. Through their simple-to-use process, you can order new books, used books, even rent books for the school year, all the while eliminating the time and lines of Book Day.
You'll have your choice of used books, new books and book rental programs for selected titles. Beginning Monday, July 8th, all of your Father Ryan course books will be available for review and ordering. All students are encouraged to place their book orders by July 27, 2013 to ensure delivery by the first day of school. Follett offers free shipping through July 31st.
For further questions, contact Doug Bontrager at Father Ryan or Follett Customer Service at 877-827-2665 or email K12CustomerService@fvb.follett.com.
Please note the following when ordering:
- For English classes your section number (the course number formatting on your schedule is .) is critical to ensure that you receive the right books. For English classes the books not only vary by course, they vary by section within the course.
- AP Biology (course 64160)--the book for this class is not yet available, and won't be until September 30. However, the teacher will have the e-reader version on the first day of class and the students will be able to use that version until the new one is available.
- Environmental Sciences---this book is not yet available and it's not certain when the e-reader version will be available. We are investigating this now and will get information your way as soon as we can confirm the availability.
- Foundations of Personal Finance--these books were donated to Father Ryan by Dave Ramsey, so there is no charge for the book. If you have ordered this book already from Follett, simply return it to Follett and they will issue you a refund. You'll be able to get your book from Mr. Carson on the first day of class.
- World History, Modern World History, AP Psychology, and Anatomy and Physiology are the books that have not changed from last year. The ISBN numbers are slightly different but they are the same book.
- A.P. Chemistry does NOT require a textbook.
With the changes in Book Days, we have also created an online group to facilitate the selling of your previous semester's books. Please visit Father Ryan High School Textbooks to to swap, sell, and purchase textbooks with other families enrolled in the school. Please be sure to verify the ISBN numbers (located on this page under "Files" -- Book List for Father Ryan 2012-2013) of all texts before selling or buying them to ensure the students have the correct texts. The school places the responsibility for ensuring textbook accuracy with the families making the transactions.