Father Ryan’s Alumni Association consists of over 10,500 living alumni worldwide. Today there is more communication between the school and our alumni than ever before. From our website to the Irish Ayes magazine to mailings and e-blast messages, FRHS alumni receive many communications from the school. Additionally, the Alumni Association hosts numerous events to keep our alumni connected. However, as good as these outreach methods are, they cannot replace the personal link that a Class Rep has when writing emails, letters and making phone calls to build interest in reunions, Annual Fund, special events and capital projects.
- Help locate lost classmates and provide updated contact information to the Alumni Office. Enhance current and historical information such as employer, interests, etc.
- Organize a class Phone-a-thon Committee.
- Work with Advancement Office to set and achieve a participation and funds raised goal.
- Make your contribution to the Annual Fund before you ask anyone else to give a donation. This way, you’ll be asking from a position of strength, and you’ll be confident when you ask a fellow graduate to give to the Annual Fund.
- Work with your Reunion Planning Committee to promote Annual Fund giving and build interest in the reunion.
- Follow-up with classmates through emails and phone calls.
- Serve a one-year term with the option to renew annually.
Class Reps serve a vital role in achieving our Annual Fund goals for both participation and money raised. Depending on the size of your class, we suggest recruiting 8-10 committee members to participate in Phone-a-Thon.
The two goals for Phone-a-thon are to update biographical information and raise money. Dinner will be provided for all volunteers, and support staff will be available to assist during Phone-a-Thons.
At the end of the fiscal year (June 30, 2012), we will send Class Reps a report with both participation percentages and dollars raised to share with their class.
Your willingness to share the importance of the Father Ryan Annual Fund with your classmates is a gift that we greatly appreciate. Thank you for considering this important position and helping us reach our Annual Fund goals.
The following are Class Reps:
Class of 1960: Ray Pruett, Frank Spence
Class of 1961: John Furgess
Class of 1963: S. Clayton McDonald
Class of 1965: Herb Sharbel
Class of 1967: Tommy Ducko, Paul Rohling
Class of 1970: Frederick Strobel
Class of 1971: Bill Varley
Class of 1972: Rob Power
Class of 1976: Tim Campbell
Class of 1981: Frank Halliburton
Class of 1982: Patricia Bumpus Vance
Class of 1985: Mike Mammarelli
Class of 1987: Mark Hasty
Class of 1990: Bob Brunner, Michael Lynch
Class of 1991: Tom Shumate
Class of 1992: Elaine Derrick Bryan, Stephen Scott
Class of 1995: Jay Donnelly
Class of 2001: Billy Haley
Class of 2002: Dan Curran
If you are interested in becoming a class rep, contact Anna Beth Godfrey at email@example.com or Angela Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org.